Thank you for your expertise in treating autoimmune/autoinflammatory diseases. The arrival of COVID-19 has increased the complexity of your calling, and we want to acknowledge you for the deep commitment you have to your patients.
What does COVID-19 mean for patients taking COSENTYX® (secukinumab)?
- At this time, Novartis has not yet evaluated the initiation or continuation of COSENTYX in patients with COVID-19.
- COSENTYX may increase the risk of infections. Exercise caution when considering the use of COSENTYX in patients with a chronic infection or a history of recurring infection.1
- Instruct patients to seek medical advice if signs and symptoms suggestive of an infection occur. If a patient develops a serious infection, the patient should be closely monitored and COSENTYX should be discontinued until the infection resolves.1
- Patients treated with COSENTYX may receive non-live vaccinations. Patients treated with COSENTYX may not receive live vaccines.1
Availability & Manufacturing
- Secukinumab is manufactured in France and Switzerland in sterile, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.2
- At this time, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation does not anticipate supply chain disruption due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are confident that our existing stock is sufficient to cover production/distribution needs for the time being.
- Where required, we have enacted mitigation plans to ensure ongoing drug supply.3
- The quality, safety and efficacy of our products are of fundamental importance to Novartis, and we are committed to ensuring that all our marketed products meet the highest quality standards.
Please refer to the following:Novartis COVID-19 Information Center American Academy of Dermatology American College of Rheumatology US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention World Health Organization
For additional questions regarding this information, please contact Novartis Medical Information @ 1-888-NOW-NOVA 1-888-NOW-NOVA (1-888-669-6682) (1-888-669-6682) from Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM ET.
References: 1. Cosentyx [prescribing information]. East Hanover, NJ: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; January 2020. 2. Data on File. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; East Hanover, NJ. 3. Novartis Global Website. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) update. Accessed: March 13, 2020. https://www.novartis.com/news/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-update.